Friday, November 16, 2007

Thing 3

My avatar's short hair reflects the shorter haircut I am sporting...my hair hasn't been this short since high school! And, trust me, that's been a long time. The suitcase represents my love of travel and Big Ben tells you where I love to go! London "swings like a pendulum do!" I have been an anglophile since I was in elementary school...perhaps it is my English and Scots-Irish heritage or maybe it was the lovely English lady I knew as a child. I was fascinated by her accent and still love all things British! In March 2008, I'll be in London for a few days on my way to Paris and Amsterdam. I plan to have a spot of tea and will probably spend lots of money because the pound is worth more than $2.00! Yikes! So, if any of my family is reading this, cash works for me for Christmas!

1 comment:

Latebloomer said...

Hi Happy Librarian-
I am up to Thing #12 where we need to choose five Learn2Play blog members and post a comment. I made you one of my choices because I liked the picture of you with the double decker bus and the little dachshund. My husband and I traveled to London and Scotland last year and Paris the year before, and like you, I love Europe. Also, I have a little dachshund named Gabby and my very first AOL account - which I seldom use anymore - is HappyGab. I am also a school librarian - K-5 in Houston, Texas. And like you, I sometimes don't have confidence in myself when it comes to being a life long learner. Hey, but I am learning and enjoying every minute of it.

Thanks for allowing me to use your blog to complete part of my assignment.