Friday, November 16, 2007

Thing 5

I've been playing with Flickr this morning and created a magazine cover! Very neat! I can't wait to create more magazine covers of family and friends. (I was inspired by the magazine cover of digitaldeb) I am sure I am unleashing something that will annoy them but make me giggle! Another neat thing is that since I have a yahoo mail account at home, Flickr is now my automatic photo manager on my home computer, so that works out nicely.
The original picture I put on my blog from Flickr is of the Long Library at Trinity College in Dublin. It's part of the old library and the bottom floor is where you can browse through the ancient Irish Book of the Kells. It's fascinating to see the handiwork and artwork of the monks who preserved the gospels. You then go up some stairs to the next level and I experienced a feeling I have never experienced in my life. I truly felt as if I were walking into a painting. I've seen beautiful buildings and rooms in quite a few European cities, but I have never experienced what I felt when I walked into the Long Library. It was weird but exhilarating! Yes, I must say surreal!

1 comment:

makingtheworldpretty said...

I had a hard time choosing my favorite flickr tool, but so far Trading Card Maker and Magazine Maker are my favorites. For some reason, my trading card has disappeared from my blog. It is now just a white box with no image. :( hmmmmm..I need to revisit the site and see if I can get it fixed.