Friday, November 16, 2007

Thing 6

Okay, I'm frustrated! I can get on Flickr this morning on my office computer but the pictures are blocked! Argghhhhh!!!! I've been using Flickr to discover more about mashups. It's interesting when you've been seeing mashups for quite a while and didn't even know what they were called! Also, I was channel surfing at home last week and stopped on America's Funniest Videos when the host mentioned mashups...they used a sound effect from one video and applied it to other videos to hilarious effect! It made me pause because of the use of the word "mashup." The mosaic maker intrigued me but I couldn't get it to work because of the picture blockage. However, the thing that interests me most is mappr...how neat will that be to use after my 2008 Spring Break trip? As I think about all this technology that's "out there," I think this: I will never, ever be able to understand it all and use it all but as long as I can keep learning about some of the technology, it will help me stay in touch with the digital world...and with my students! And my nieces and nephews! And it's so good to keep building those neural pathways as we learn new things!

1 comment:

mmw said...

Flickr and the filter weren't getting along, but I think it's better now, right?