Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thing 16

My posting in the wiki area of the sandbox was Idea #12. I think it would be a lot of fun to create a wiki for collection development. I really think students would enjoy the format. I'd like for teachers to contribute, too. They are always so busy day to day, it would be better for them to contribute when they actually have some time to sit and think. Phyllis and I have talked about developing a TAKS review pathfinder but with our new-found knowledge, we think it will morph into a TAKS review wiki. That's one of our goals, anyway. You can use a wiki for book club, a wiki for the library to update information and talk to students about policy and procedures, a TAYSHAS wiki, pathfinder wikis for research assignments...and etc. I think even a Twilight wiki would generate some interest. I think the wiki is limited only by one's imagination in creating a use for it. Personally, I'd like to develop a Family Wiki which I think could be more flexible to use than email. There's an MISD group that travels to Europe during spring break and I think a wiki designed for that group would be helpful. I'm sure there's a wiki in my future. I'm still considering the possibilities.

No comments: