Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thing 9

I am seriously considering converting to Amish! Or, I'll be looking for the next meeting of the local Luddites! I won't say this again but this challenging journey of personal growth is giving me a headache! This assignment has been particularly difficult because I deserted the 23 Things for about a month. Big mistake. I should have stayed on track. I resolve to be more consistent from here on.
The easiest way to find feeds was through the edublog award winners. I signed up for Librarians Matter and A Library by Any Other Name. Both had very useful information. I thought topix.net was also useful and I'm still a little amazed that Mesquite information was on the page when I opened it. The easiest search tools were blogline and google blog search. I searched for happylibrarian on blogline and there I was! I was confused by syndic8.com and School Library blogs-suprglu. They just looked confusing to me and given more time maybe I can figure them out. Initially I thought Technorati was confusing but I did like the "tags from what's rising" section. It seems timely when you consider that internet chatter of the bloggers predicted the New Hampshire primary results better than the television analysts! When I have more time I want to visit more blogs and "poach" their links to other great blogs. I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of blogging out there. Makes me want to get my crayons and Big Chief tablet and write my mommy a letter!

2 comments:

mmw said...

Come on - get happy, happylibrarian! This should make you feel better - I worked and worked with Technorati when I was doing this in the summer and I still don't feel like I have a good handle on how to use it effectively! There - my secret is out!

happylibrarian said...

Thanks for the encouragement! It's just that I seem to be spending lots of time working on this which isn't such a bad thing. Each assignment takes more time than I think it should because I'm trying to assimilate all the new info. I now wish I'd been more sympathetic to students I had in the past who took so long to finish an assignment!