Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing 17

I like Zoho Writer. I created a word processing document about Gold Hill in Shaftsbury, England and easily published it to my blog. (See the posting below this) When I use Microsoft Word, I know just enough to accomplish what I need to do. I don't consider myself an expert in Word at all. (I confess I miss the old Clarisworks program from my former Mac days when I could pretend I was smarter than my word processing program! Microsoft Word thinks it's much smarter than me and I hate that!) But I was able to use those less-than-stellar skills to create a document with Zoho Writer. It seems to have all the characteristics of the Word program, too. So I have to say that Zoho Writer is very user-friendly and easy to use! When I was working on my school library certification, this application would have been very useful to use on collaboration projects. I like that you could work on projects without using any hardware and you can access it from any computer, any location. For fun, families could use this to create "round robin" documents about family news. I looked at the spreadsheet program and it looked pretty easy. The presentation program could be useful to students who start a powerpoint presentation on a school computer but don't finish it. If they used Zoho Show, they could finish it at home. I definitely want to continue looking at Zoho and finding ways to use it.

No comments: