Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thing 21

I watched the Podgrunt video and I appreciated the simple explanation of what a podcast is: an audio- or videofile delivered to your computer. You need a podcatcher which can be the I-tunes program on your computer. Easy peasy! You don't absolutely need an I-pod but I'm happy to say I am convinced one is in my near future!
I tried to access all the podcast directories listed but could not get into Podcast.net or Podcastalley.com. I do plan to go back and access these sites when I am not blocked. I looked at Educational Podcast Directory and at first wasn't sure what would work with libraries. I found that Information Skills or English Language Arts had some possibilities. In looking at the English-related podcasts, I added YA! Cast to my Google Reader. It's a series of book talks for Young Adult literature and it looks like something I can really use. One of my main goals is to learn more and more about YA literature and I hope I can find other podcasts on this subject.
I looked at Yahoo podcasts but I wasn't very impressed. At least, I didn't find videos I think I could use as a librarian. When I searched for "library" videos, I got some results I was afraid to open! There are some weird people out there!

2 comments:

Zeeburt said...

Seconds on the "weird people out there." I was shocked and dismayed by some of the most popular podcasts. It seemed like the useless/useful ratio was about 90/1!

Village Talkies said...

Thank you very much for providing important information. All your information is very valuable to me.
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.